A baby story: Week 14
December 12th, 2011
Week 14 (baby’s the size of a lemon)
This week has been much less eventful in the baby department compared to last week . I’m still feeling A-OK and it seems that my energy levels are finally starting to return to normal. I continue to get some funny feelings/pains in my abdomen but it should be normal since things are stretching and growing so quickly. So the only major developments we’ve made this week that I can update on have been in terms of planning for the little lady’s arrival…
As I’m sure you can tell by flipping through some of the blog posts, I am BIG on photos and capturing moments on film. Up until now I have almost exclusively documented our life together in still photographs but we knew that this wouldn’t be enough when Sirena comes into our lives. So, we made the big decision to purchase a new Canon video camera so that we can capture every yawn, every giggle, and every cryfest possible. We’ve only played around with it a little bit but I’m excited to show off some videos in the coming weeks. In related news, I’m determined to learn how to use our DSLR camera so that I can take much nicer looking photos of her. I think I’ve got a good “eye” when it comes to photography, I just need to learn how to use the hardware.
The other development I’ve made is some serious brainstorming on how to decorate her nursery. I feel so fortunate to have a second bedroom that we can use as her nursery (living in that tiny, 500 square foot apartment in SF really has us appreciating space) and I’m going to take full advantage of it! The idea/theme I’m getting excited about is book- and story-related and I’ve got a few crafts lined up to make the room extra special. I don’t want to say too much yet until things are a little more finalized but I can at least share with you one art print that I purchased a year ago that has been my major inspiration:
Just like the rest of this post, there doesn’t seem to be much development in the belly department either. Although I’m anxious to have an actual belly bump I’m also trying to appreciate the time I have left where I can bend down easily and tie my shoes!
Don’t mind the furry tail in the lower, left corner
Other pregnancy updates
- Overall I’m physically feeling…: Everything is good! I’m trying to get more serious about keeping an exercise routine (mostly walking but also lifting weights at the gym) to stay fit and healthy during the entirety of the pregnancy (and to not lose too much momentum from my running days so that I can have a little easier time jumping back into it after she’s born).
- Overall I’m emotionally feeling…: I had a pretty rough week both at work with a close co-worker/friend getting let go and in hearing some very sad news about a close family friend’s recent diagnosis with spinal cancer. Focusing my energy on sending positive thoughts and prayers to both instead of focusing on the sad reality of it all.
- Total weight gained: 0 lbs (same as last week)
- Food aversions: Nothing new in this department
- Food cravings: Nothing new in this department either!
- Days until we get to see family/friends for the holidays: 11!
- Number of Christmas presents purchased: Two (yikes!!)