Sirena’s Monthly Photos: Nine Months Old
March 25th, 2013
Your first month in Long Beach has been a whirlwind and you have enjoyed just about every part of the ride! It’s amazing how much you have grown and developed in this past month and I think a lot has to do with the fact that you are socializing with so many more people and kiddos than you were when we were living in Oakland. You are becoming a little social butterfly and it is so much more amazing to see you learn from and enjoy the company of the many people who love and adore you.
Like last month there are so many things you are learning to do each day! Here’s the latest:
- Your vocabulary is growing more and more! The new sound you’ve begun making is “na” and you actually said Dada and Mama on the same day (Feb 15)!
- Thirsty bear: You’ve mastered the sippy cup! I still can’t believe how cute it is seeing you drink out of a straw.
- Good eater! You still have yet to pass up any new foods (so far you’ve eaten and enjoyed berries, black beans, rice, tofu, tortilla, mushrooms, bread, avocado, sweet potato, etc.) and you show your enjoyment of good food with a little dance in your high chair. You’re also learning how to share your food…with Lola.
- On the move (almost!): You are so close to crawling it’s not even funny. You can get yourself down on your hands and knees and rock back and forth but you proceed to plop yourself down on your belly and roll back and forth to get to your destination.
- Nap time changes: It only took about a week to do but you transitioned yourself from two 45 minute naps a day to one 2-2.5 hour nap per day. It’s pretty early for you to transition yourself but we’ve taken your lead and let you determine what nap times work best for you. So one 2-2.5 hour nap a day it is!
The nine month rundown
- Feeding herself: Even though you enjoy a good spoon-feeding every day you would prefer to feed yourself with bite-sized food. You are so quiet and focused and you have got the pincer grip down like a pro. Sometimes you’ll pick up the food with your left hand then transfer it to your right hand and proceed to eat it from your right hand.
- Being left alone: You’re a great at playing by yourself for a good 20 minutes or so…as long as we are nearby! As soon as we walk away, even for just a minute, you immediately get upset. As long as someone is around, though, you are a-okay.
See past monthly photo posts in her mini armchair here: